Safe Driving Tips
Check the following safe driving tips and get insurance quotes online auto from our website.
- Obey all speed limits and signs. Driving within legal limits and obeying the signs is one of the most important tips. Besides getting fines, if caught by police, you endanger your life.
- Avoid DUI/DWI. Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Your senses will be impaired and your reactions will be slowed.
- Always wear your seatbelts. In case of an accident, the seatbelt can make the difference between life and death
- Check the car before hitting the roads. Turn on the lights and walk around the vehicle to ensure that all lights are in working order. Also check your blinkers for proper operation. Check if the tires have the proper pressure and depth. Make sure that all systems have sufficient liquid amounts and notice any leak.
- Adjust all mirrors and seats before placing the key in the ignition.
- If you are driving at night, turn your headlights on. A car is visible for nearly four times the distance with its headlights on.
- Always use your turn signals. Another basic tip that you should always follow.
- When a light turns green look around before proceeding through the light. Make sure that someone else is not going to run the light.
- Monitor the traffic. Notice what is happening on the sides of the road and check behind you through your mirrors every 6-8 seconds. Pay attention to potential hazards. For example, do not assume that a vehicle coming to a stop sign is going to stop. Be ready to react if it does not stop.
- Do not tailgate. When traveling behind other vehicles, there should be at least a four second space between your vehicles. When traveling at night or bad weather, these times should be doubled.
- Do not use phones when driving. Phones detract from your ability to concentrate on the road and increase your chance of a collision by nearly 400%. If you must use the phone, pull over to a safe, well-lit parking lot and place your call there. After completing your call you may resume.
Visit our blog page for more info and free quotes. Visit us!